Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ground beef 80/20
- 1 pound(s) sweet italian sausage (bulk)
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow or spanish onion chopped
- 6 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 can(s) crushed tomatos - 28oz
- 2 can(s) tomato paste - 6oz
- 2 can(s) tomato sauce - 6.5oz
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) curly parsley chopped
- 12 piece(s) lasagna noodles
- 32 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 pound(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- In a large pan, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Drain and transfer to large pot or dutch oven. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and wine. Season with brown sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- (At this point you can choose to either refrigerate the sauce overnight which will give it an even more intense flavor or you can use it right away.)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with eggs, remaining parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 4 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one third of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with one cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat to make three layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil but make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KNewman430 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note