So easy and delicious.
Avocados with Warm Bacon Parsley Vinaigrette
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from fat: 83%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 211mg
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- 1/3 pound thin-sliced bacon
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, each pitted, peeled, and cut into 4 to 6 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook bacon in a large frying pan over medium-low heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels; let cool. Remove pan from heat and discard all but 2 tbsp. bacon fat. Divide avocado wedges among 4 plates.
- 2. Heat reserved bacon fat over medium heat. Add garlic, 1/4 cup water, the lemon juice, and sugar and simmer 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley and crumble in bacon. Immediately pour over avocado wedges and serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This