- 2 (15-ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 (6-ounce) packages shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) jar oil-packed artichoke hearts
- 3 large GENUINE CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Drain artichoke hearts, reserving oil. Coarsely chop artichokes. Stir together artichoke, reserved oil, chopped avocado, green onions, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add flour, whisking until blended; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in whipping cream. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
Layer one-third of noodles, half of ricotta cheese mixture, 1/2 cup cream sauce, and half of avocado mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Repeat layers once, ending with remaining noodles and remaining cream sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake, covered, at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes.