I could not stop eating this salad! It reminds me of another salad we make at least once a summer that also has steak and butter lettuce. I used the whole avocado; I think mine was small. I served this with the grilled veggie quesadillas from the same issue. They were good, but I did not leave a review as 9 other people already had done so.
Toss together Avocado-Tomato Salad for a simple side to complement your favorite quesdadillas or other Mexican dish.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Sodium: 68mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, coarsely chopped
- Combine lime juice, cumin, black pepper, ground red pepper, and salt; stir with a whisk. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and avocado; toss gently to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note