Avocado, Tomato, and Romaine Salad
Notes: You can assemble this salad (step 1) and make the dressing (step 2) up to 4 hours ahead. Cover salad and chill; cover dressing and let stand at room temperature.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 85%
- Protein: 1.1g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 152mg
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (8 oz.), pitted and peeled
- About 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups bite-size pieces romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato (9 to 10 oz.), rinsed, cored, peeled (if desired), and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Thinly slice avocado and arrange slices along one side of a wide, shallow bowl; brush lightly with vinegar. Mound lettuce in center of bowl, and arrange tomatoes opposite the avocado.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons vinegar, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Pour dressing over salad; mix gently at the table, adding pepper and more salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads