- 1 firm-ripe avocado (8 oz.), pitted and peeled
- About 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups bite-size pieces romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato (9 to 10 oz.), rinsed, cored, peeled (if desired), and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- calories 91
- caloriesfromfat 85 %
- protein 1.1 g
- fat 8.6 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 4.1 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 152 mg
How to Make It
Thinly slice avocado and arrange slices along one side of a wide, shallow bowl; brush lightly with vinegar. Mound lettuce in center of bowl, and arrange tomatoes opposite the avocado.
In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons vinegar, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Pour dressing over salad; mix gently at the table, adding pepper and more salt to taste.