- 1 cup chopped seeded plum tomato, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided (about 2 limes)
- 1 chopped seeded jalapeño pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, seeded
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- calories 233
- fat 16.8 g
- satfat 5.0 g
- protein 10.6 g
- carbohydrate 14.4 g
- cholesterol 71 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 532 mg
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- fiber 8.5 g
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1/2 cup tomato, shrimp, 1 tablespoon each of cilantro and lime juice, 1 teaspoon jalapeño, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine avocado, water, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and remaining lime juice and jalapeño in a blender; process until smooth. Add sour cream and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; process until well blended.
Pour soup into a large bowl; stir in remaining 1/2 cup tomato. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls; spoon 1/4 cup salsa into center of each serving. Sprinkle each serving evenly with remaining cilantro.