- 4 avocados, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green hot sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup Johannisberg Riesling*
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
How to Make It
Process avocados and next 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
Pour mixture into a large bowl; stir in half-and-half and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Place plastic wrap directly over soup; chill 1 hour. Garnish before serving, if desired.
*Off-dry white wines such as Gewürztraminer or Chenin Blanc may be substituted.