This is one of my favorite appetizers. Every time I serve it, I get many compliments. (You must like tequila bloody marys to enjoy this.) I usually grill the shrimp first to give more depth of flavor.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 196
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 367mg
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- 1 can (11 1/2 oz.) tomato and chili cocktail (bloody Mary) mix
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (1 to 1 1/4 lb. total)
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked shrimp (50 to 70 per lb.), rinsed
- Kosher or regular salt
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips or saltine crackers
- 1. In a bowl, stir together tomato and chili cocktail mix, tequila, lime juice, onion, cilantro, and 2 teaspoons chili.
- 2. Pit and peel avocados; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Add avocados and shrimp to cocktail mixture. Mix gently and add salt and more chili to taste.
- 3. If desired, rub rims of 4 to 6 margarita or martini glasses with a lime wedge. Immediately dip into a dish filled with 1/4 inch kosher salt.
- 4. Spoon avocado-shrimp cocktail equally into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and serve with tortilla chips or saltine crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This