- 1 can (11 1/2 oz.) tomato and chili cocktail (bloody Mary) mix
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (1 to 1 1/4 lb. total)
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked shrimp (50 to 70 per lb.), rinsed
- Kosher or regular salt
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips or saltine crackers
- calories 196
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 13 g
- fat 9.2 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- carbohydrate 8.1 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 367 mg
- cholesterol 111 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, stir together tomato and chili cocktail mix, tequila, lime juice, onion, cilantro, and 2 teaspoons chili.
Pit and peel avocados; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Add avocados and shrimp to cocktail mixture. Mix gently and add salt and more chili to taste.
If desired, rub rims of 4 to 6 margarita or martini glasses with a lime wedge. Immediately dip into a dish filled with 1/4 inch kosher salt.
Spoon avocado-shrimp cocktail equally into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and serve with tortilla chips or saltine crackers.