This is quick, easy, super flavorful, and it keeps for a god week+ in the fridge even with the avocado. This makes a delicious condiment for more than just chips. Try it on baked potatoes, grits, steamed veggies, and more. I can't go back to salsa verde in the jar. Thanks to the Happy Herbivore for bringing this great recipe to my attention!
Avocado Salsa Verde
Made with fresh tomatillos, serrano pepper, cilantro, and avocado, Avocado Salsa Verde will be a hands-down favorite with party-goers. Serve Avocado Salsa Verde with your favorite chips or with our Beef Empanadas.
This recipe goes with Beef Empanadas
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds tomatillos (about 10)
- 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 serrano pepper or jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1. Peel husks from tomatillos, and rinse with cool water until they no longer feel sticky. Cut into chunks, and place in a food processor.
- 2. Add onion, garlic, and serrano pepper; process until mixture is very finely chopped. Add cilantro and lime juice; process until finely chopped. Add avocado and salt; pulse until blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note