This was good. We would probably add some cheese on top next time for some additional flavor, but the pesto was smooth & creamy, as the recipe states. Definitely worth keeping in our recipe rotation.
Avocado Pesto Pasta
Put a healthful California twist on a traditional Italian favorite and you’ve got Avocado Pesto Pasta. Adding avocados to pesto creates a rich and creamy texture without using cheese.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 sprig(s) basil
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 bunch fresh basil, reserve some leaves for garnish
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or sliced sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with cherry or sun-dried tomatoes. Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PrettyD and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Avocado Pesto Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes