The yogurt added a great zing to the flavor in this recipe. It was decent, but I didn't like the texture. Great if you're going to use it all up in one sitting, but not really something to eat day after day.
Avocado Pea Soup with Herb Oil
Let servings of Avocado Pea Soup with Herb Oil aid in optimizing your diet. Most green fruits and vegetables, such as avocado and peas, are loaded with lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids that protect against eye disease and skin cancer. Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes.
More From Health
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 276mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon, divided, plus more leaves for garnish
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 ripe avocado (8 ounces), peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine parsley, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons tarragon in a blender; blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on chopped herbs. Reserve 1 tablespoon herb oil (discard herb solids).
- 2. In a saucepan, combine shallots, broth, and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, partially covered, until shallots are tender (10 minutes). Add peas; simmer until cooked (3 minutes).
- 3. Working in batches, transfer pea mixture to blender with avocado, yogurt, remaining 2 tablespoons tarragon, and salt and pepper; blend until smooth. (You can also use an immersion blender to blend soup in saucepan.) Divide soup among 4 bowls, drizzle with reserved herb oil, and garnish with additional tarragon leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note