Next time I will use canned Mandarin oranges to save time and I think it will be perfect.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 42
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds oranges
- 2 avocados (about 1 lb. total)
- 1 cup diced (1/4 in.) English cucumber
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chipotle chile purée (see below)
- 1. Cut ends off oranges, then cut off peels and outer membranes and discard. Slice oranges 1/2 inch thick, then cut into cubes, discarding seeds. Place in a bowl.
- 2. Pit, peel, and dice avocados; add to oranges. Add cucumber, onion, lime juice, and chipotle purée and salt to taste; mix gently.
- To make chipotle chile purée, whirl the contents of a 7-ounce can of chipotle chiles (including sauce) in a blender or food processor until smooth. Scrape into a plastic container and store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Nutritional infomation per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This