Excellent dip. I recommend sprinkling a little salt on the cucumber and draining it first. I used non-fat greek yogurt, made the rest pretty much as written. A friend who spent a year living in Greece said she loved it.
Avocado-Mint Tzatziki is cool and creamy and the perfect complement to grilled meats and vegetables. Our version has chopped avocado added. Serve Tzatziki on the side with warm pita bread triangles for dipping and as a condiment.
This recipe goes with Grilled Middle Eastern Turkey Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups plain regular or low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and grated cucumber
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in cucumber, avocado, and mint. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This