Avocado-Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 medium-size ripe avocados, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Key lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely crumbled graham crackers
- 1. Process all ingredients except crumbled graham crackers in a blender 30 seconds or until very smooth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- 2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.)
- 3. Stir coarsely crumbled graham crackers into prepared ice cream. Freeze 1 hour before serving. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, and freeze up to 1 week.
- *Vanilla extract may be substituted.
- THE COOKIE: White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Cookies, soft-baked from your bakery, for towering ice-cream cookie sandwiches. Wrap the finished treats individually (and tightly) in plastic wrap, and keep on hand in the freezer for parties or snacks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note