Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Mint Dressing
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 red or pink grapefruit (3/4 lb. each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (10 to 12 oz. each)
- 4 frisée or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped radishes
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Cut peel and white membrane from grapefruit. Working over a strainer set over a bowl, cut between inner membranes and fruit to release segments into strainer. Squeeze juice from membranes into bowl (discard membranes); you need about 1/4 cup juice (reserve any remainder for other uses).
- 2. Add lemon juice, mint, shallot, and honey to grapefruit juice, and mix.
- 3. Peel and pit avocados; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Set a frisée leaf on each of 4 salad or dinner plates and arrange equal portions of grapefruit segments and avocado slices on top. Sprinkle with chopped radishes.
- 4. Spoon dressing evenly over salads. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads