- 3 cups chopped peeled English cucumber (about 1 1/2 cucumbers)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 ripe avocados (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Sourdough Croutons
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cover and cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. (Do not brown.) Spread mixture into a single layer on a baking sheet. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until thoroughly chilled.
Place cucumber mixture, 2 1/2 avocados, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a blender. (Cover remaining avocado half tightly with plastic wrap to prevent browning.) Add cold water and next 4 ingredients; process until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
Thinly slice remaining avocado half. Divide gazpacho evenly among 4 soup bowls. Top with avocado slices and Sourdough Croutons. Garnish, if desired.