This recipe looks great would you mind if I post it on my site http://www.avocadosgalore.com/recipes/avocados-in-side-dishes/avocado-fries
Crunchy on the outside, creamy and nutty inside, these avocado fries are totally over the top. Chef Trey Foshee, at George's at the Cove restaurant in La Jolla, California, serves them with grilled steak.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 271
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 5.5g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 119mg
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates. Dip avocado in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.
- 3. Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note