Avocado Crostini Two Ways
Photo: Lucy Schaeffer
More From Food & Wine
- 1 (32 slices total) large baguette, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 oil-packed anchovies, drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Hass avocados, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and arrange them on 2 baking sheets. Bake the baguette slices for about 8 minutes, until they are lightly browned and just crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the parsley leaves, garlic, anchovies and the 3/4 cup of olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the baguette toasts with the avocado slices and arrange on 2 platters. For Kids Sprinkle salt on the crostini on one platter. Serve. For Adults Drizzle the parsley pesto over the crostini on the other platter. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This