- 8 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 2/3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup hot sauce*
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peanut oil
- 12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro, chopped tomato, lime wedge
How to Make It
Mash avocados in a large bowl to desired consistency. Stir in corn and next 6 ingredients. Cover and chill.
Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet; heat to 350º. Stack tortillas; cut stack into 12 wedges. Fry wedges, 1 stack of 12 at a time, in hot oil 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Quickly remove tortilla chips from oil; drain on paper towels, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Serve chips with dip. Garnish, if desired.
*Our Test Kitchens used Búfalo Jalapeño Mexican Hot Sauce (Very Hot).