Avocado-Corn Chowder with Grilled Chicken from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 2 ripe avocados divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 12 ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small clove(s) garlic cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 cup(s) chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Peel and coarsely chop 1 avocado; place in a blender. Add water, orange juice, honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and ground red pepper; blend until smooth. Place in freezer to chill while chicken cooks.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; rub chicken with cut sides of garlic halves. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; cut or shred into bite-sized pieces.
- 3. Peel and dice remaining avocado. Stir diced avocado, corn, bell pepper, and onions into chilled avocado puree. Spoon chowder into bowls; top with chicken and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Avocado-Corn Chowder with Grilled Chicken from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes