Really loved this and will make again! Perfect on a hot night. I had the grilled chicken left over from the night before, so made it especially easy to make. Loved the fresh corn in it!
Avocado-Corn Chowder with Grilled Chicken
Top a creamy chilled avocado soup with fresh corn and grilled chicken for colorful and flavorful main dish entrée.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 28 Minutes
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 17.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 9.7g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 2 ripe avocados, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Peel and coarsely chop 1 avocado; place in a blender. Add water, orange juice, honey, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and red pepper, if desired; blend until smooth. Place in freezer to chill while chicken cooks.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; rub chicken with cut sides of garlic halves. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; cut or shred into bite-sized pieces.
- 3. Peel and dice remaining avocado. Stir diced avocado, corn, bell pepper, and onions into chilled avocado puree. Spoon chowder into bowls; top with chicken and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note