Avocado, Citrus, Jicama, and Persimmon Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 267
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Cholesterol: 0.9mg
- 1 pound jicama
- 2 pink or red grapefruits (2 lb. total)
- 2 oranges (1 3/4 lb. total)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (1 1/4 lb. total)
- 1 head (3/4 lb.) red-leaf lettuce, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Persimmon dressing
- 1. Rinse and peel jicama, then cut into 1/8- by 2-inch sticks.
- 2. Cut off and discard peel and white membrane from grapefruits and oranges. Working over a bowl to catch juices, cut between inner membranes and fruit to free segments, dropping fruit into bowl.
- 3. Pit, peel, and thinly slice avocados.
- 4. Line a platter or salad plates with lettuce. With a slotted spoon, lift fruit from bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons juice for persimmon dressing and the rest for other uses. Arrange fruit, avocados, onion, and jicama on lettuce.
- 5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of dressing over salad. Offer remaining dressing and salt to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note