Avocado, Citrus, Jicama, and Persimmon Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 267
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Cholesterol: 0.9mg
- 1 pound jicama
- 2 pink or red grapefruits (2 lb. total)
- 2 oranges (1 3/4 lb. total)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (1 1/4 lb. total)
- 1 head (3/4 lb.) red-leaf lettuce, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Persimmon dressing
- 1. Rinse and peel jicama, then cut into 1/8- by 2-inch sticks.
- 2. Cut off and discard peel and white membrane from grapefruits and oranges. Working over a bowl to catch juices, cut between inner membranes and fruit to free segments, dropping fruit into bowl.
- 3. Pit, peel, and thinly slice avocados.
- 4. Line a platter or salad plates with lettuce. With a slotted spoon, lift fruit from bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons juice for persimmon dressing and the rest for other uses. Arrange fruit, avocados, onion, and jicama on lettuce.
- 5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of dressing over salad. Offer remaining dressing and salt to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This