This turned out very well. I marinated chicken breasts in olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, a dash of red pepper flakes and salt and pepper and cooked it on the grill. Made my on pico de gallo and then made the rest of the recipe as stated. So tasty and really felt like a treat, especially eating it with chips! Will make again, maybe even today since I have ingredients left.
Avocado Chicken Salad
Fresh, tasty, and delicious is how this Avocado Chicken Salad is described. Salsa, avocado, and cilantro give this chicken salad its south-of-the-border flavors. Serve with tortilla chips for scooping and added crunch.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 16 Minutes
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 21.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 12.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Carbohydrate: 20.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 579mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- Garlicky Asparagus
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken and cilantro; toss to combine. Gently fold in salsa and avocado. Serve with chips.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This