Avocado Cheesecake with Walnut Crust
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) shelled walnuts
- 1 cup(s) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed anise seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 cup(s) skim milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 fully ripened Avocados halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 8 ounce(s) fat-free cream cheese softened and cut in pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. In food processor, pulse walnuts until finely ground. Add graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, anise seeds and salt; pulse just until combined. Add 2 tablespoons water; pulse until ingredients are thoroughly combined and resemble wet sand. Press into bottom of an 8 1/2-inch springform pan. Bake 20 minutes; cool completely.
- In measuring cup or small bowl, combine gelatin with 2 tablespoons water; let stand for 5 minutes. With vegetable peeler, remove strips of lemon zest (yellow portion only). In saucepan, combine milk, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon zest; bring to boil. Add gelatin; simmer until gelatin has completely dissolved, about 1 minute; strain and discard lemon zest. In food processor, combine avocados and cream cheese. Pour hot milk mixture into processor; process until very smooth. Pour into baked crust; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set. Remove side of pan; cut cheesecake into 10 slices. Serve with raspberry sauce, if desired.
- Cheesecake is best when served the same day; any leftover cheesecake should be securely covered with clear plastic wrap and refrigerated.
- Per Servings
- 242 calories; 8 g protein; 13 g fat; 26 g carbohydrates
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Avocado Cheesecake with Walnut Crust Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts