Avocado, Caper, and Pickled Onion Toast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 ounce(s) smoked trout or 1/2 soft-cooked egg for topping
- 2 slice(s) whole-grain bread, toasted
- Combine the onion, lemon juice, capers, oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper in a bowl. Let stand until the onions soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mash the lemon zest and avocado with 1/8 tsp. salt
- Spread half of the avocado mixture on one slice of toast and top with half the onions.
- If desired, add either the smoked trout or the soft-cooked egg.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by FrancesNance01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note