Avocado, Caper, and Pickled Onion Toast
Serve garnished with sliced, soft boiled egg, or with smoked trout
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 ounce(s) smoked trout or 1/2 soft-cooked egg for topping
- 2 slice(s) whole-grain bread, toasted
- Combine the onion, lemon juice, capers, oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper in a bowl. Let stand until the onions soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mash the lemon zest and avocado with 1/8 tsp. salt
- Spread half of the avocado mixture on one slice of toast and top with half the onions.
- If desired, add either the smoked trout or the soft-cooked egg.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by FrancesNance01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note