We are huge avocado and crab fans, but not fans of this recipe. The soup and crab salad were bland. Frankly, the soup reminded me of the homemade baby food I made for my kids when they were little. Disappointed to have wasted my crab and avocados on this dish!
Avocado-Buttermilk Soup with Crab Salad
Simple orange-infused crabmeat floats atop a rich, creamy soup. If the soup seems a little too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons more buttermilk.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 16.9g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatillos
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, pitted
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1. Place first 7 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- 2. Combine bell pepper and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine. Spoon about 3/4 cup soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with about 1/3 cup crabmeat mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note