This is a good and interesting salad with a nicely flavored dressing. In MHO - too many apples, the jack cheese kind of gets lost and there should be more onion. Also, the jicama needs to be very finely slices.
Avocado-Apple Salad With Maple-Walnut Vinaigrette
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 Gala or Fuji apples, sliced into thin wedges (about 2 cups sliced)
- 1 cup thinly sliced jícama (about 1/2 medium jícama)
- 1 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 large avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple-Walnut Vinaigrette
- Place greens in a large bowl. Top with apples and next 4 ingredients, arranging them in clusters, if desired. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Drizzle with Maple-Walnut Vinaigrette just before serving. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads