Since people in Cuba don't usually have ready access to salad greens, Lourdes Castro says, many will start a meal with this simple avocado salad instead. Cubans tend to use Florida avocados, which are widely available in the Caribbean; they're larger and smoother than Hass avocados, stay bright green when ripe and have a mild, slightly sweet flavor.
- 1 Florida avocado or 3 Hass avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Arrange the avocado slices on a platter and top with the onion. Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note