Fantastic. This is my Thanksgiving & Christmas salad. I use a bagged mix of lettuce, omit the onion and use 3 tablespoons of honey instead of 2.
Avocado-and-Grapefruit Salad With Pomegranate Seeds
This festive salad features slices of avocado and grapefruit, onion, and pomegranate seeds served over a bed of romaine and radicchio, then drizzled with a homemade honey-lime dressing.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 204
- Calories from fat: 31
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 11mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 cups loosely packed torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups loosely packed torn radicchio
- 2 cups grapefruit sections (about 2 large grapefruit)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place 1/2 cup romaine and 1/2 cup radicchio on each of 4 salad plates. Divide grapefruit, onion, and avocado evenly among plates; top with pomegranate seeds. If desired, cover and chill salad mixture in an airtight container for up to 1 day ahead of serving.
- Combine honey and lime juice, stirring with a wire whisk; cover and chill. To serve, drizzle 1 tablespoon of the dressing over each salad; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads