Yield: about 2 quarts
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place broth in a small Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Place eggs in a small mixing bowl; beat with a wire whisk until light and foamy. Gradually add lemon juice, beating well; add 2 cups hot soup, beating constantly.
- Add egg mixture to soup, beating constantly. Place over low heat, and bring just to a boil. (Do not boil because soup will curdle.)
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls; serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews
Food & Wine