I reviewed this once, but see its been deleted. Guess only "nice" reviews make it.
Avgolemono Chicken Soup with Rice
Avgolemono is a classic sauce of chicken broth, egg yolks and lemon juice; the addition of a bit more chicken broth, rice and shredded chicken turns it into a satisfying soup.
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bones and coarsely shredded (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- In a large saucepan, season the stock with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Transfer 1 cup of the hot stock to a blender. Add 1/2 cup of the rice, the egg yolks and the lemon juice and puree until smooth. Stir the puree into the simmering stock along with the chicken and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of rice and simmer until thickened slightly, 10 minutes. Stir in the dill and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews