Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup(s) white rice uncooked
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 4 egg yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley fresh or dried
- 1. bring the chicken stock to boil in a large saucepan. add the rice and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. in a bowl, beat the egg yolks until pale and creamy, using a hand held mixer. add the lemon juice and mix well
- 3.strain the rice, reservingthe stock. set aside 3/4 cup of stock in a jug; pour the rest into a vclean pan and simmer until required. reserve the rice.
- 4. slowly pour about a 1/4 cup of the stock set aside into the lemon egg mixture, stirring well.
- 5. stir in the remaining stock into the egg mixture, mixing well, and then pour all the mixture slowly into the simmering stock, stirring constantly until soup thickens
- 6. add the reserved rice into the soup, anndind salt and pepper to taste. garnish with parsley.
- ***this is delicious as is but if you're used to other aweome goodies in your avgolemono feel free to add chicken, celery, onion, shredded carrot, oregano etc.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by deemurrz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note