Autumn Succotash with Gruyère Grits
Grits are a versatile base for this rustic blend of corn, onion, garlic, and fennel.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut into thin 2
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin 2
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin 2
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Gruyère Grits
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add fennel, onion, and garlic; cook 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often.
- Add peppers; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn, lima beans, and whipping cream; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and next 3 ingredients. Serve over Gruyère Grits. Sprinkle with chopped tomato.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes