Autumn Roasted Tomato and Sausage Pasta
"For fall, easy pasta 'sauce' gives you time to play" by J.M. Hirsch, AP. Extremely versatile sauce: use whatever tomatoes, peppers and pasta are handy. Add any other vegetables or use pre-chopped. Recipe published in The Winston-Salem Journal: September 28, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pint(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 2 green bell peppers, cored and cut into thick strips
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 8-ounce package(s) white button mushrooms
- 1 12-ounce package(s) cooked Italian chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted pine nuts
- 1. Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the tomatoes, garlic, peppers, red onion, mushrooms, sausage and carrots. Drizzle the oil over the vegetables, then sprinkle with the oregano and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands to toss the vegetables and sausage until coated, then spread in an even layer.
- 3. Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes. Walk away and do something fun for the first 20 minutes.
- 4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain, then divide among serving plates. Spoon the roasted vegetable and sausage mixture, including juices that have collected in the pan, over the pasta. Top with Parmesan and pine nuts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note