Autumn Harvest Quail
- 1 cup(s) Tropical Foodâs Diet DelightÂ® separated
- 4 whole(s) quail
- 2 small shallots halved
- 4 clove(s) small garlic
- 1 orange cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary halved
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Â¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 & Â½ cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) tri-color quinoa
- 1 cup(s) butternut squash cubed
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- Â½ shallot minced
- 8 cup(s) baby spinach washed well
- White wine for deglazing
- Separate raisins from nuts and seeds in Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; stuff each quail with ½ shallot, one garlic clove, one orange wedge, one sprig of thyme, one sprig of rosemary.
- Rub quail with butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast quail for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add raisins from Diet Delight®, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, and rosemary; slowly simmer until it is thickened.
- Boil chicken stock; add quinoa and butternut squash.
- Simmer gently for about 25 minutes.
- Toast nuts and seeds from Diet Delight® in butter with garlic and shallots.
- Sauté spinach with mixture, then deglaze pan with white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove quail from oven and rest for 2 minutes. Sauce plate; add bed of quinoa, top with spinach mixture, and quail.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note