Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 acorn squash cooked and cubed
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1 cup(s) Israeli couscous
- 1 1/4 cup(s) vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup(s) apple juice
- In a large pan with lid, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in cooked squash, brown sugar, dried cranberries, couscous, vegetable stock, and apple juice. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in herbs. Cover with lid and let set until all liquid is absorbed about 3 – 5 minutes.
- * Cooking acorn squash doesn’t have to take an hour, although roasting it is one of my favorites. Simply cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds, then slice into wedges according to the outside of the squash. Remove the peel with a vegetable peeler and then chop into 1″ cubes. Place cubes along with about 1 tablespoon of water in a microwave safe bowl, cover (with either a lid or plastic wrap) and microwave 6 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note