Great texture, used 1/2 c rice wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar. Could have thrown in carrots or other root vegetables too. Served with pork chops.
Autumn Cabbage Slaw
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Sugars: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 277mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium red cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds) - cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 navel oranges
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cabbage, onion, and parsley and toss to combine.
Cut away the peel and white pith of the oranges. Slice the fruit into thin half-moons and gently fold into the cabbage. Refrigerate, covered, tossing occasionally, for 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
To Bring It: The slaw can be made up to 2 days ahead. Just leave out the oranges, which lose their bright color over time. Pack them separately and fold them in just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables