Autumn Baked Pork Chops
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (1-inch-thick) pork loin chops (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 (1-inch-thick) acorn squash rings, peeled
- 12 dried apricots
- 8 dried prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Brown pork chops in hot shortening in a large skillet. Remove chops from skillet; drain.
- Place pork chops in a well greased 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Place an acorn squash ring on top of each chop. Fill center of each ring with three apricots and two prunes. Sprinkle pork chops with salt.
- Combine orange rind and juice; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until pork chops are tender; baste occasionally with pan drippings . Transfer chops to a warmed serving platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes