Autumn Apple Sauté with Caramel and Nuts
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Autumn Apple Sauté with Caramel and Nuts, was created by Brittany Rader.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Â½ cup cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- Â¼ cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- APPLE SAUTÃ
- Â¾ cup(s) Tropical Foodâs PB&J mixÂ®, crushed
- 2 medium gala apples
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) cardamom
- Â½ teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Add sugar and water in heavy bottomed pan. Stir until water is incorporated; add extra tsp. of water if needed. Turn heat up to high and stir only once. If sugar crystals begin to form, take a pastry brush and wipe edges. When sugar starts to turn amber, remove from heat and add butter quickly. Stir the butter until sauce is consistent. Use extreme caution in this step as a hot reaction is brewing in the pot. Pour cream in and keep stirring, using caution. Stir salt in and set aside to cool.
- APPLE SAUTÉ
- Peel and core apples; dice into medium size cubes. Toss apples with brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg. Melt butter in a medium size sauté pan on low to medium heat. Add diced apples after butter is melted, turn heat up to medium. Be sure to scrape bottom of pan a few times with spatula to prevent scorching. The apples are finished when the butter and sugar begin to caramelize (usually 5-10 minutes).
- Divide apple sauté among desired dishes. With a spoon, drizzle caramel on apples. Top with a small handful of crushed Tropical Food’s PB&J mix®.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note