Authentic Corned Beef, Cabbage & Potatoes
- 4 pound(s) cured corn beef brisket trimmed
- 1 package(s) spice pack from brisket
- 3 bottle(s) Irish stout beer or ale
- 2 cup(s) sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 1 head(s) green cabbage (about 2.5 lbs) cored & cut in strips
- 3 pound(s) red potatoes cut in pieces
- In l large crock pot, place the corned beef brisket with majority of excess fat trimmed off. Add spice pack from brisket. Add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic cloves. Top with 3 bottles of stout beer or ale. Slow cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Switch to to LOW setting for an additional 3 hours.
- Carefully remove cooked brisket to a 13 x 9 pan, Cover with foil and keep warm in 200 degree oven. Meanwhile, strain the broth from the slow cooker into a stock pot. Discard the solids. Add the cut cabbage and bring to boil - covered for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil potato pieces in separate covered pot in water for about 20 minutes.
- Slice brisket across grain and serve with cabbage and potatoes. Offer butter and sour cream for potatoes, as well as mustard (reg, spicy, and/or dejion) and horseradish for the corned beef.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DennisVW and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note