Authentic Corned Beef, Cabbage & Potatoes
Authentic St Patrick day favorite! Best ever and very easy when you slow cook the corned beef in beer.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) cured corn beef brisket trimmed
- 1 package(s) spice pack from brisket
- 3 bottle(s) Irish stout beer or ale
- 2 cup(s) sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 1 head(s) green cabbage (about 2.5 lbs) cored & cut in strips
- 3 pound(s) red potatoes cut in pieces
- In l large crock pot, place the corned beef brisket with majority of excess fat trimmed off. Add spice pack from brisket. Add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic cloves. Top with 3 bottles of stout beer or ale. Slow cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Switch to to LOW setting for an additional 3 hours.
- Carefully remove cooked brisket to a 13 x 9 pan, Cover with foil and keep warm in 200 degree oven. Meanwhile, strain the broth from the slow cooker into a stock pot. Discard the solids. Add the cut cabbage and bring to boil - covered for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil potato pieces in separate covered pot in water for about 20 minutes.
- Slice brisket across grain and serve with cabbage and potatoes. Offer butter and sour cream for potatoes, as well as mustard (reg, spicy, and/or dejion) and horseradish for the corned beef.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DennisVW and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note