Authentic Anchor Bar Buffalo Chicken Wings
This is the original spicy Buffalo chicken wings recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY. You can adjust the heat by adding more or less cayenne and Tabasco. There are many Buffalo chicken wing recipes out there, but if you want to taste the "real" thing give this a try. The chicken wings are deep-fried in the original recipe, but the hot oven works fine for the home version.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 36 chicken wing pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- .5 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- .5 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- .5 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- .5 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 tablespoon(s) Frank's Hot Sauce
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. 1.If necessary, cut whole wings into two pieces. In a bowl toss the wings with the oil, and salt. Place into a large plastic shopping bag, and add the flour. Shake to coat evenly. Remove wings from the bag, shaking off excess flour, and spread out evenly on oiled foil-lined baking pan(s). Do not crowd. Bake for about 20 minutes, turn the wings over, and cook another 20 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through and browned.
- 2.While the wings are baking, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, and over low heat bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and then turn off.
- 3.After the wings are cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot wings and toss with a spoon or spatula to completely coat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note