An unusual fruitcake with dried fruits and less sugar. More of a tea bread.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) butter
- 2-1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cup(s) currants
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 1 cup(s) golden raisins
- 1 cup(s) mixed candied peel
- 1 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- 1 cup(s) dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- Wash and drain fruit.
- Cream butter, sugar and lemon juice. Rub in flour. Add salt & allspice and mix.
- Add currants, raisins and peel.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Add to fruit mix. Add cherries.
- Dissolve baking soda in small amount of hot water. Add to remaining ingredients and stir.
- Pour into greased and floured (or lined) loaf pans.
- Bake total of one hour: 400 degrees for 10 min.
- 350 degrees for 15 min.
- 300 degrees for 15 min.
- 250 degrees for 15 min.
- 200 degrees for 5 min.
- Cool in pans on rack for 15 minutes. Turn loaves out onto rack and cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CLdiva and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note