Afghan dumplings with meat & yogurt sauce.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Meat Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 finely Onion, diced
- Â¾ pound Ground Beef
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- Â¾ teaspoon Mace or Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- Â½ cup of Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek Style Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons crushed Garlic
- Â¼ cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- Â¼ teaspoon dried Dill
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch of Green Onion tops
- 2 cups sliced Leeks; white and light green parts
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- Â½ package Wonton Wrappers
- 1 teaspoon Egg, lightly beaten and mixed with a of water
- To make meat sauce saute onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until soft. Add beef, garlic, coriander, mace, and ginger and saute until cooked. Add 1/4 cup of stock and simmer slowly until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in tomato paste and add salt and pepper to taste, simmer for five more minutes. Add more stock if the mixture starts to look dry. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- To prepare yogurt sauce combine all yogurt sauce ingredients, stir, cover and set aside.
- To prepare dumplings sweat leeks, green onions, chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons of oil oil until soft by not brown. Let cool slightly. To assemble dumplings place 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling on a wrapper, brush the edges of the wrapper with a thin layer of egg, fold the wrapper onto itself to form a triangle and press firmly to seal, set on a lightly floured baking sheet and repear until all the filling is used. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and drop dumplings in boiling water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, drain and place on plates. Spoon warmed meat sauce over dumpling and dot with yogurt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cantsitstill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note