Aunt Sarah's Not-for-Dog Biscuits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) cold butter cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup(s) milk or buttermilk
- cinnamon sugar
- For Mix:
- Whisk the dry ingredients (save cinnamon sugar for the end) in a large bowl and then use a pastry cutter or fork to blend in the butter until the mixture looks uniformly crumbly.
- Optional: Scoop the mix into a large jar or gallon-size Ziploc bag and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- For Homemade Biscuits:
- 1. When you're ready to make the biscuits, heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2. Stir together the 2 cups of mix and 2/3 cup of mil or buttermilk in a large bowl until dough forms.
- 3. Knead the dough a few times, then pat or roll it out, about 1/2 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface.
- 4. Use cookie cutters to punch out biscuits, then place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on cinnamon sugar if you like. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Aunt Sarah's Not-for-Dog Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads