Super easy recipe. Instead of roasting the vegetables, I just add the vegetables into the dutch oven with the roast to cook during the last hour.
Aunt Mary's Pot Roast
More From Southern Living
Bake: 3 Hours
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chuck roast
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix
- Roasted Vegetables (optional)
- Brown roast on all sides in a lightly oiled 5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven over high heat. Remove from heat, and add beer and dressing mix.
- Bake, covered, at 300° for 3 hours or until tender, turning once. Serve with Roasted Vegetables, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes