Super easy recipe. Instead of roasting the vegetables, I just add the vegetables into the dutch oven with the roast to cook during the last hour.
Aunt Mary's Pot Roast
To reduce the fat in this recipe, substitute an eye of round roast for the chuck roast. Both cuts of meat become fall-apart tender when cooked with slow, moist heat. Long before the advent of electricity, pioneers were using cast-iron Dutch ovens as "slow cookers."
More From Southern Living
Bake: 3 Hours
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chuck roast
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix
- Roasted Vegetables (optional)
- Brown roast on all sides in a lightly oiled 5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven over high heat. Remove from heat, and add beer and dressing mix.
- Bake, covered, at 300° for 3 hours or until tender, turning once. Serve with Roasted Vegetables, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note