Aunt Jo's Sugar Cookies
Cut out cookies, great for Christmas and all the other holidays! I have quite the cookie cutter collection because of this recipe!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) crisco
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla or almond extract
- 3 1/2 cup(s) cake flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1 8 oz package(s) cream cheese
- 4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Cut frosting recipe in 1/2 if only cooking 1 batch of cookies.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beat well. Mix in cream and vanilla. Sift flour and baking powder together, add to cream mixture. Chill dough 1 to 2 hours. Roll out 1/8 to 1/4" thick. Bake at 375 degrees, 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool cookies.
- For frosting cream butter, cream cheese, and gradually add sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraSzejna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note