Aunt Gladys' Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; add vanilla and egg, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in pecans and chocolate morsels. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note