Aunt Georgia's Squash Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 6 medium yellow squash sliced
- 7 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, room temperature divided
- 4 ounce(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounce(s) sour cream
- 5 medium green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350. Add 1 tsp salt and sugar to water and simmer squash over low heat, covered, 15 minutes. Drain squash and return to pan. Add 4 tbls butter and blend w/squash. Stir in cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, 1 tsp salt and parmesan cheese. Pour squash mixture into greased casserole dish. Top w/bread crumbs and dot w/remaining butter. Bake 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 6439375 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Aunt Georgia's Squash Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables